a brief introduction...
The Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood International Airport Hilton was a landmark hotel. The Griffin Road property was constructed in 1985, operated under the Wyndham Hotel Group name from 1995 to 2004, and took it's final name from 2004 to 2014 as the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport Hilton Hotel. The property was purchased by Broward County, Florida Board of Commissioners in September of 2013 for 62 million dollars and was promptly torn down to make way for a new runway.
[ MALL INFORMATION AND HISTORY ]
Address: 2655 Teaster Lane
City: Pigeon Forge
Total value (2014): $23,369,450
Year constructed: 1988-89
Status: currently open
- In 2011, the bank foreclosed on a $25 million dollar loan on the 390,000+ square foot shopping center.
- The mall was purchased in 2013 by an unknown Tennessee buyer for $5.15 million dollars.
- This mall was developed by the Belz family, whom resided in Memphis, in 1989.
- There are plans by private developers to completely redevelop the shopping center and preserve the concept of an indoor shopping center.
- As the shopping center is redeveloped, investors plan to redesign the mall to appeal to both residents and tourists.
[ PHOTOS ]
[ VIDEO TOUR ]